Five Tips for a Western Mediterranean Cruise
Cruising the Mediterranean is a comfortable and affordable way to see this part of Europe. You will wake up almost every morning in a new destination with new things to see and do. Tours of Distinction is offering a Western Mediterranean cruise that will visit Italy, France, and Spain from October 11, 2019, through October 20, 2019. These dates were chosen because it is one of the best times of year to visit this region. The cruise offers a multitude of carefully curated excursions, the services of a Tours of Distinction Tour Director, airfare, port charges, taxes, tips, all meals, and entertainment, in addition to a choice of pre-paid amenity packages.
The Western Mediterranean is one of the most popular cruise choices because of the plethora of activities, art, culture, sights, and attractions this destination offers, not to mention the beautiful beaches, fabulous food, and scenery found here. In order to get the most out of your Mediterranean cruise, we have put together five tips to make your cruise in this region the best that it can be.
1. Arrive a day before the cruise departs. Because of decades of experience Tours of Distinction understands the intricacies of international travel. Due to their knowledge and experience, Tours of Distinction has scheduled a pre-cruise overnight in Barcelona, Spain. We know that there is nothing worse than flying for hours only to arrive in Europe to miss your cruise ship because of unexpected flight delays or cancellations. When traveling with Tours of Distinction to the Western Mediterranean, this worry is taken off the table with a pre-cruise night that will allow you to recover from jet-lag before you begin your cruise. An added bonus is your chance to explore Barcelona on your own.
2. Don’t forget your sunscreen. Even in October, the Mediterranean sun is strong and bright. Sunburns can sneak up on you and there is nothing more unpleasant than a sunburnt face, arms, shoulders, or neck. If you don’t want to carry a bottle or tube of sunscreen then bring along sunscreen tissues packed in foil pouches. Foil packets are easy to pack in your suitcase as well as in a pocketbook, pocket, or day pack for when you are out and about. Banana Boat Sport is the travel packet sunscreen of choice on Amazon.
3. Research your itinerary for “on your own” explorations. There is so much to see and do at the ports of call on a Western Mediterranean cruise. If you decided to strike out on your own for the day create a list of attractions that you want to see for each port that you want to explore on your own. Before setting off make sure that you have written down the name of your vessel and where it is located in English and in the local language of the destination you are visiting. This will help avoid confusion. It is also a good idea to let the Tours of Distinction tour director know where you are headed and what time you expect to return.
4. Pack comfortable shoes. This may seem like common sense, but it really is important to pack and wear comfortable shoes. Many European streets are made of cobblestones and can be uneven making high heels a no-no! In short, wearing a pair of comfortable shoes to explore will help you avoid blisters and sore feet!
5. Pace yourself. There are so many things to do and see on this exciting cruise. In order to experience every port of call to the fullest, it is best to pace yourself. Unwind and relax on the day that you embark on the Norwegian Epic and on the one day at sea. Since there is only one day at sea take advantage of it and rest up and explore this beautiful vessel.
For more information and booking details on the Western Mediterranean Cruise offered by Tours of Distinction click here.